What's new

WHO advises people over 60, + those with comorbidity factors......and 61 passengers tested positive.

affinity4aviation

I do wonder if it's innate or came out of time in the navy followed by a couple of years in accident investigation.

I discovered years ago that the 'view' was only interesting for about 2 minutes at each end of a flight, so I always go for the convenience of an aisle seat now.
Of course back in the days of the Vanguard you could sit on an aisle seat and see out both sides - the windows were huge. And cruising at 16,000 ft there was often something worth seeing ... which was just as well cos getting anywhere took forever :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, not an author I'm familiar with ... American?
T.C. Boyle is American + he taught at USC. Discovered his books by accident when perusing 'Local Authors' section in a book/mag. store next to Starbucks in Montecito, CA. I pulled out
"Riven Rock." It's fiction, but based on real persons, + was hooked. He was described in a review as having "pitch-black humor," (sounds a bit familiar?!), + a talent for "linguistic aerobatics!" You can tell he's quite intelligent, his writing flows like music.
You were an accident investigator in aviation? Sounds interesting. That profession is incredible re what they can figure out, ie. Greg Fieth.) Hence your analytical skills when you write. Thank you for serving our country! Some Navy submarine guys in San Diego told me their fav videos onboard....

Last edited:

affinity4aviation

I do wonder if it's innate or came out of time in the navy followed by a couple of years in accident investigation.

I discovered years ago that the 'view' was only interesting for about 2 minutes at each end of a flight, so I always go for the convenience of an aisle seat now.
Of course, back in the days of the Vanguard you could sit on an aisle seat and see out both sides - the windows were huge. And cruising at 16,000 ft there was often something worth seeing ... which was just as well cos getting anywhere took forever :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, not an author I'm familiar with ... American?
Sometimes the view is spectacular. My first commercial flight from the U.S. moving to Denmark, age 12, + flying over the Alps. Stunning views + clear skies!

Last edited:

Sean

I wonder if Cathay will be the first major airline to go because of this.
Prophetic. 12/31 Cathay Pacific suspended all long-haul freighter and cargo-only passenger flights for a week... With new quarantine requirements they don't have enough airmen. The suspension might be extended.

MsHighAltitude

Administrator
Staff member
Well, China has zero interest in having a major domestic airline that’s controlled by a foreign entity. Besides, why bother hauling cargo down to HK when they can fly out of Guangzhou Baiyun on China Southern. Same for passenger flights. People from mainland China used to have to layover in HK. Now (pre-Covid at least) there are direct flights to the US from cities like Chengdu, Hangzhou, and Jinan. Also HK is losing its financial hub status to Singapore and Shanghai. Matter of time.

If Top Gun were made today, Stinger would probably tell Maverick that if he screws up just this much, he’ll be flying a cargo plane full of masks out of Wuhan.

affinity4aviation

You've got that right Sonerai. One of our govt's worst leadership failures IMHOs. The positive: hopefully people learned to pay more attention to their health + not rely on the gov't or on politicians.
I see flying as an escape + I hope more people are confident in that it's safe to fly because the air is clean + HEPA filters + commercial pilots are ready to be flying more!

Last edited:

Plague

+ the mental health issues + stress disorders due to it will carry over for years.
But who decides whether mental health and stress trump being dead*?
( * I'll discount those unvaccinated because "I saw something on facebook".)

Anyone who thinks this is a black/white, left/right, east/west thing is deluded. It's a big, grey, gooey morass of ... reality and ethics.

Sonerai

Well the F is getting up there and I hope he spends it now because you never see a u-haul behind the hearse

Sonerai

Well I was reading some Plato a little earlier today and when her wrkte" when you do not get I involved in gov't, you get rulers by inferiors" , so 2 things: it is our fault and I gotta get a life. Plato to start the new gear???.

Sonerai

Well I am Sonerai and not Shirley. I am 76 and I am quite sure the populous would want me to be in charge