What's new

WHO advises people over 60, + those with comorbidity factors......and 61 passengers tested positive.

affinity4aviation

sh
Who cares, if you are healthy, live your life, if not be careful. To heck with the tyrants and all the scaredy cats. Good grief. Let's go flying. No masks needed if I am PIC
Well said; I agree! Aaron Rodger's controversial + misleading, "I'm immunized" statement, is partly the result of knowing if he told the facts re his vaccination status, there would be a huge
backlash + potential for a loss of sponsors. He doesn't agree with a vaccine mandate. Yet the NFL has rules. It's a complicated issue, since some people fear getting this vaccine, due to shady politics.

Last edited:

affinity4aviation

And yet he wears helmet and pads and the company uniform. What he did was far worse than taking a knee, and everyone knows it. But there are private laws for celebrities, and other laws for the rest of us.
I'd like to live in that celebrity pro athlete wealthy reality for a week at a high- end exclusive resort, like Aaron + his fiancée did at several destinations! He got an aprox. $14,500 fine; pittance to him + they got a $300,000 fine for not reporting the truth to the league. The complicit cover-up is despicable. Lying to reporters + to the public + then pretending it wasn't misleading shows the kind of head games he plays. He says it's a scheme of the "woke mob," + that the team knew he wasn't vaccinated. We all realize that it's not always what you know, it's who you know. A fine example to set for his young admirers. Yes, that's sarcasm.

Last edited:

affinity4aviation

In a way I agree, but life is seldom that simple.
As was mentioned earlier a lot of serious illness puts pressure on the health care system. You may think you are healthy, but if you suffer a sudden heart attack or stroke, or get diagnosed with cancer or something serious, that pressure could have a significant effect on your outcome - and it would not be a good effect.
I'm still pretty healthy, I think, but I don't take it for granted. "There but for the grace of god go I". (I'm not religious; that's just a neat way to explain it.)
You are a rare breed regarding facing the reality.

affinity4aviation

To your last statement, many many people who took the shots wound up very sick
Your point is understood +political controversy prevails. Comorbidity factors which many people overlook, are a primary reason some vaccinated persons don't make it. People use this as an excuse to claim the vaccines lack of efficacy, refusing to get vacc'd. They might regret this as it continues to mutate + as hospitals + assisted living ctrs. deal w/ staffing shortages, call outs + burnout.
From what I've exper. It's unwise to be unvaccinated patient when staff are triaging + we're up to our *** in alligators. Getting some symptoms after a flu shot/vaccines like a sore arm like I got, is normal. Many elderly patients got the injections but due comorbidities, didn't recover. If you don't want to get the vaccine, ask a healthcare worker your questions, + you likely will change your mind after you hear the reality of playing Russian Roulette.

Last edited:

Plague

many many people who took the shots wound up very sick
That is such a meaningless statement (I won't even dignify it as being a statistic). Where are the numbers?
People get sick all the time. If you dish out hundreds of millions of any vaccine obviously quite a lot of the recipients will "get sick". It doesn't mean the vaccine caused it in every case.
Humans are really, really good at seeing things that aren't there, and social media has made it far worse. Correlation does not equal causation.

Sean

It's not whether he elected not to be vaccinated. It's the deliberate intention to deceive others rather than say "No" and face the consequences. The league fined him NOT for not being vaccinated, but for lying about it.

affinity4aviation

who
That is such a meaningless statement (I won't even dignify it as being a statistic). Where are the numbers?
People get sick all the time. If you dish out hundreds of millions of any vaccine obviously quite a lot of the recipients will "get sick". It doesn't mean the vaccine caused it in every case.
Humans are really, really at seeing things that aren't there, and social media has made it far worse. Correlation does not equal causation.
Your "Correlation does not equal causation," is the key. Some people who got the vaccine were certain they'd get sick. The media coverage was mostly biased. Some of their alleged symptoms were psychosomatic. It's why in many research studies, they had test groups that did NOT get the vaccine but were told that they did. Some who got vaccinated were perjurious prior, + some who in the study who didn't were also! The media did a marginal job of explaining comorbidity factors, which are a crucial part of the equation, as you know, yet often go unmentioned. Thus, the anxieties they provoked. Stress can make people sick + some post vaccine symptoms can be that.

Last edited:

affinity4aviation

It's not whether he elected not to be vaccinated. It's the deliberate intention to deceive others rather than say "No" and face the consequences. The league fined him NOT for not being vaccinated, but for lying about it.
"Maskless at a Halloween party + @ press conferences" were additional reasons. Blatant hypocrisy: his team + allegedly the NFL knew he was unvaccinated, yet allowed an MVP to live in a bubble of special treatment + arrogance. How valuable are you to the NFL + to the brand when you have immense talent, yet you're a liar + mislead the journalists + the public? He didn't want to address it honestly, as he didn't want to lose lucrative $$ sponsors; he mentioned "the woke mob" + "cancel culture." Didn't he think lying might do damage to his brand IMAGE?! He "believes in bodily autonomy" + defies rules. Using privilege to take advantage undermines his position as the team's leader. Do as I say, not as I do!

Last edited:

affinity4aviation

If he was a vampire neither would be necessary.

But then neither would be chips and pancakes. It's definitely a puzzle; unsure.
And all that sun at 35,000ft would be a problem.
Your intermittent dark humor is an interesting enigma; zombies + vampires! Wonder if Kelsey chose to fly nights; seems a bit eerie + potentially hard on the eyes + sleep/wake cycle. I'd like to hear him elaborate about what it's like, but he's busy wisely cashing in on U-Tube videos + sponsors! I think many pilots need a second income in this unstable economy. I prefer daylight out the tiny passenger window, esp. after learning there's no communication when going over much of the ocean.
Your writing style + intellect is similar to T.C. Boyle's style, author of Riven Rock + other great books.

Last edited:

Plague

Your intermittent dark humor is an interesting enigma;
I do wonder if it's innate or came out of time in the navy followed by a couple of years in accident investigation.

I prefer daylight out the tiny passenger window, esp. after learning there's no communication when going over much ocean.
I discovered years ago that the 'view' was only interesting for about 2 minutes at each end of a flight, so I always go for the convenience of an aisle seat now.
Of course back in the days of the Vanguard you could sit on an aisle seat and see out both sides - the windows were huge. And cruising at 16,000 ft there was often something worth seeing ... which was just as well cos getting anywhere took forever :ROFLMAO:

You're writing style + intellect is similar to T.C. Boyle's style, author of Riven Rock + many other great books.
Sorry, not an author I'm familiar with ... American?