What's new

speed landing (flightsim)

sam374

so i'm in either a spitfire or boomerang (i believe is an austrailian),. but i'm always coming in Way too hot, way too fast, i run out of runway, and have to "go around" for another attempt,. what's your recommendation to avoid "forever going around" for that "perfect landing",.?

(i'm hoping kelsey responds to this, but anyone with a valid idea will do)

Zeede

You have to slow the plane down way far in advance. As you go around, bleed off speed as you climb to pattern altitude again, then retard the throttle and trim for a lower approach speed.

Make sure you deploy your flaps as well as they will help slow the plane down.

Siris

Height and distance from the airport too. you don't want to be too close to the airport as it will not give you time to descend and you will want to try and dive for the runway. Let your power control your altitude and your pitch your airspeed.

MsHighAltitude

Look up what final approach speed is for the aircraft you are flying and find an airport in flight sim with PAPI or VASI lights.

sam374

what frustrates me most is that for this particular flight sim, there's no "degree" in flaps, it's either all the way down or all the way up,. there's no in between,. by the way i'm using a battle sim,. run by a "G(something)" the snail one?,.

sam374

what frustrates me most is that for this particular flight sim, there's no "degree" in flaps, it's either all the way down or all the way up,. there's no in between,. by the way i'm using a battle sim,. run by a "G(something)" the snail one?,.
just checked, it's called Gaijin

Siris

There are some aircraft, especially older warbirds, where that is actually the case. Even some of the more modern designs are all or nothing for flap settings. The Lake amphibs for example only have an up or 20 degree setting.

Zeede

just checked, it's called Gaijin
Are you talking about War Thunder? If so, most of the planes do have more than one flap setting. You might have to dig into the settings to find where it lets you have better control over the flaps.

sam374

Are you talking about War Thunder? If so, most of the planes do have more than one flap setting. You might have to dig into the settings to find where it lets you have better control over the flaps.
no i'm using the older one, Birds of Steel

which is my guess is an earlier form of war thunder,