What's new

NEW CFI

issawaswas

I have just completed my CFI certification at American Flyers in Pompano Beach, FL. I was looking for any CFI openings in my area in the midwest (Saint Louis, MO area). So far I had no luck and every flight school is not currently hiring. I feel like my pilot resume is pretty weak because I have only flight training and no work experience in the aviation field. Any suggestions on how to go about my situation? I'm still searching and applying day to day hoping something pops up.

Zeede

Well, considering the world is still in the grips of the COVID-19 pandemic, I think that's kind of how it's going to look for the near future. It's only going to get worse when a bunch of airline pilots get furloughed and come back home to snap up whatever commercial pilot jobs there are.

Can you keep building hours? Have you tried putting feelers out through your social networks? Maybe you can find someone who is on the fence about starting flying lessons and would be more comfortable flying with someone they know.

I have just completed my CFI certification at American Flyers in Pompano Beach, FL. I was looking for any CFI openings in my area in the midwest (Saint Louis, MO area). So far I had no luck and every flight school is not currently hiring. I feel like my pilot resume is pretty weak because I have only flight training and no work experience in the aviation field. Any suggestions on how to go about my situation? I'm still searching and applying day to day hoping something pops up.
I suggest you go on the job searching sites such as Indeed, Jobs.com, Zip Recruiter, Monster Jobs, etc. You will be suprised as to what you find.

Trueblue

This might seem like a bit of a stretch, but especially if you know 1 or 2 other people who might be interestied while the commercial jobs are dried up.

Go in on a Cessna 152. Hours are hours, and it's a great way to see the country, in a year or two when you are ready to sell they don't really lose value. A good one can be had for around $30k. Keep up on inspections and 100hr, you can instruct in it. Give or take the cost per flight hour is around $30. You can rent it out to a flight school, or really do whatever you want with it.

RobertGary1

This might seem like a bit of a stretch, but especially if you know 1 or 2 other people who might be interestied while the commercial jobs are dried up.

Go in on a Cessna 152. Hours are hours, and it's a great way to see the country, in a year or two when you are ready to sell they don't really lose value. A good one can be had for around $30k. Keep up on inspections and 100hr, you can instruct in it. Give or take the cost per flight hour is around $30. You can rent it out to a flight school, or really do whatever you want with it.
Like $4000/yr for instructional insurance on a 150?