What's new

Licenses(P.S. can ya'll somehow get Kelsey to read this would make my day)

KLpilot

Hi, I want to fly 777s for Cathay Paciic/Pacific one day, I just wanted to know what licenses I need to do so.
Thanks!

Hi, I want to fly 777s for Cathay Paciic/Pacific one day, I just wanted to know what licenses I need to do so.
Thanks!
Hello.

i’m a newcomer but an airline pilot myself.

Basically what Cathay has asked for in the last years depends on the position you want to get:

-Cadet pilots. Only need flight school hours and you get a lengthy initial training as a junior relief first officer for long haul flights. No actual flying. Just paperwork in the cockpit.

-First Officers. If you have turbojet time (no bizjets, unless maybe a Gulfstream or Global Express) and SIC rating in Boeings, Airbuses, Embraers or any major aircraft with glass cockpits, you may be hired as first officer. However upgrades to captain are lengthy and not always available.

-Direct entry captains. Some airlines have DEC positions right away after initial training or even only some operational training if you already have experience on the type. Usually flight time in widebodies or A320 and 737NG as PIC are minimum requiremnts.

Anyway. A lot has changed after the COVID thing and I don’t think Cathay will hire in the near future.

Thanks for the info!
You are very welcome.

i sent an application for direct entry FO since I was already turbojet rated about 8 years ago. At that time I was a new hire ERJ-145 FO (less than 700hrs total time) but they got me in the pool, or so it said their e-mail. Never heard of them.

I remembered about it when I read your post.

I don’t know where you are from, but getting some turbojet hours will surely get you there. Take some time to navigate their website and maybe get to know some pilots flying for them.