What's new

Just how realistic is FS2020?

Winblision

As Breytac said, you probably just bounced your landing, because I know that if you actually crash into the ground the screen goes black and you get a "you broke the plane" message.

Edit: Bouncing while landing is actually very realistic. I did it a bunch as a student pilot and still occasionally do it now, much to my chagrin...
I know. I wanna say that you bounce like unrealistic 100 metres in the air. Sorry for my bad english by the way it is not my main language. I can understand it fluent but not write fluent.

Winblision

I can see one of 2 things

1) You're landing nose fiirst
2) You're landing too fast

I would suggest doing the landing tutorial a couple of times. Having only seriously picked up the hobby since MSFS released (I dabbled in FSX and a couple of the other Microsoft flight sims over the years), I found that really helped me learn how to land.
Yeah i know thanks but when this happens i go more the 100 metres in the air that is what i thaugt it is unrealistic

Zeede

It's really hard to say without seeing your landings. It's totally possible, if you just slam it in WAY over the recommended approach speed, and your throttle isn't at idle.

Siris

Yeah i know thanks but when this happens i go more the 100 metres in the air that is what i thaugt it is unrealistic
Every aircraft is going to have what's is commonly refered to as an "over the fence speed" which is the speed you should have as you come over the threshold of the runway just prior to touchdown. In a 172 for example that speed is listed as 55 kias. Start there as that is the easiest to correct for the approach. Another issue that can cause a porpoise is improper flair. Both flaring too high and too late can produce a bounce albeit with a different sort depening on cause. Best way i can describe it is as you get down to that last bit of altitude you want to pull back and let the speed come off as if you're just trying to keep the plane off the runway. If you end up ballooning or eatting up a lot of runway that way you're coming in too fast and see first part of this comment.

Winblision

I can see one of 2 things

1) You're landing nose fiirst
2) You're landing too fast

I would suggest doing the landing tutorial a couple of times. Having only seriously picked up the hobby since MSFS released (I dabbled in FSX and a couple of the other Microsoft flight sims over the years), I found that really helped me learn how to land.
I just watched 74 Gear videos :ROFLMAO: