What's new

Job scams?

Siris

So I've been just throwing my resume around and hoping it sticks somewhere. I applied to one add that was a bit odd as it contained very little information and had parts of it duplicated in greek. Today I got a response and it just seems kind of out there and makes me wonder if perhaps there is some sort of scam going on. Basic gist of the information in the letter is New company looking for a pilot to fly their 172 as part of a 135 certification process estimated to take six to eight months and after they would make you lead pilot and give a more regular salary. All for only looking for 500 hours. I can't see an angle to play here but it also just strikes me, as i said before, odd.

RAF805

It does seem odd. I look at ProPilotWorld quite bit. They have a lot of forums that provide information on a variety of topics. It's a pay site but I have bene very pleased with it so far. If you PM me the name of the company, I can look to see if anything has been posted about them. Using a 172 as part of a 135 process seems like a red flag to me.

Siris

It does seem odd. I look at ProPilotWorld quite bit. They have a lot of forums that provide information on a variety of topics. It's a pay site but I have bene very pleased with it so far. If you PM me the name of the company, I can look to see if anything has been posted about them. Using a 172 as part of a 135 process seems like a red flag to me.
Doubt you'd find much, searching records the company was only incorporated last month.