What's new

In flight recording for an aerobatic flight

Nhyrum

So a friend of my dad's said that when I got my ppl, he'd take me up for a (literal) spin in a pitts special he has. I'd love to record it, but really have nothing other than my phone. Don't really want to go out and buy like a GoPro, but will probably have to.

What would you guys recommend for a good way to document this? I almost think a head mounted GoPro would be best, I don't know if I'd have anywhere to stick it to. At the same time, I don't want to be "that kid" if you know what I mean

Zeede

The biggest problem with using a phone to record an aerobatic session in a Pitts is the very real possibility of it falling out of your hands...and all the way down to the ground.

They're really not good at surviving drops higher than 3' AGL, so... :D

Nhyrum

The biggest problem with using a phone to record an aerobatic session in a Pitts is the very real possibility of it falling out of your hands...and all the way down to the ground.

They're really not good at surviving drops higher than 3' AGL, so... :D
Yeah, I wasn't planning on using my phone in flight, at all.

Roichi

There are videos out where people attached GoPro style cameras to the wings or other parts of the plane to film them during any situation. And of course a famous recording of a GoPro falling into a pig pen and the pig chewing on it. It did survive and the farmer uploaded the video.