What's new

How to be a Air hostess?

MsHighAltitude

Administrator
Staff member
Not all the girls are good looking. Most US FA on international flights are ready for Social Security
Oh lighten up, although it is true
Actually it's not true. The average age of flight attendants in the US is 48, far from eligible for social security benefits. Please refrain from posting derogatory comments about female flight attendants or women in general.

Plague

Actually it's not true. The average age of flight attendants in the US is 48, far from eligible for social security benefits. Please refrain from posting derogatory comments about female flight attendants or women in general.
I don't think the airlines themselves help, though a few are changing. They make their female staff (fa and ground) wear some of the daftest outfits imaginable (which are so practical they have to change into more sensible clothes at the start of the flight and back again at the end) and make them wear 3mm of make-up to top it off.
Talk about living in the past. If the image they want to portray is 'oppressive male bosses' they are doing well.

MsHighAltitude

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think the airlines themselves help, though a few are changing. They make their female staff (fa and ground) wear some of the daftest outfits imaginable (which are so practical they have to change into more sensible clothes at the start of the flight and back again at the end) and make them wear 3mm of make-up to top it off.
Talk about living in the past. If the image they want to portray is 'oppressive male bosses' they are doing well.
It's at will employment and people aren't forced to put on those outfits. They choose to so 🤷‍♀️. I do LOVE the SIA FA uniform but looks aside, there's no way I'd get down to 90lbs and fit into one. 😂

Sonerai

Lol , but it is true from what I have seen on perhaps a dozen KA flights between Japan and Korea ( south)

MsHighAltitude

Administrator
Staff member
The Korean Air Tiffany blue is nice but I still prefer SIA’s uniform—no dress shirt to tuck in, 3/4 sleeves, nice lines and can’t tell if there are wrinkles.

Korean Air annually accepts 150 flight attendants out of more than 20,000 applicants. […] the director at a flight attendant training academy, told The Korea Herald, “They have to be physically perfect – weighing more than 132 pounds (59kgs) is kind of overweight,” […] Plastic surgery clinics also provide tailored packages for aspiring stewardesses called “The Perfect Flight Attendant Face”, to shape facial features that align with the airline’s benchmark for attractiveness.

Glad to know I’m not overweight by Korean Air standards but I think I’ll stick with flight training. 😂