What's new

Future aircraft

MsHighAltitude

Administrator
Staff member
It would be interesting to see how Texas evolves in the next 10, 20 years. We already see the cities such as Dallas, Austin, and Houston turn purple if not blue during recent elections. On top of that there are all these Silicon Valley high tech companies moving there, bringing with them their workforce who are more liberal politically and socially.

MsHighAltitude

Administrator
Staff member
Not saying it’s a conscious effort. It’s just so happens that a lot of these workers are moving with their employers and it’s bound to affect the local political and social ecosystems.

Siris

To the original title of the thread here (sort of) would love to see a modernized Lake..... or any flying boat that isn't a glorified toy.

Siris

The Lake looks and probably flies just fine as is
It has a few odd tendencies but given the latest version was designed in the early 80's I'd love to see what something done with more modern tech could do, not to mention the better corrosion resistance.

Siris

Well it the grand child of the Colonial Skimmer so the design has been around a long time, I think late 50's
Exactly, and really i'm just a sucker for flying boats so would be fun to see a modern attempt at one that isn't a jetski with wings and is actually useful. Hence why I used the lake as an example.

Well if you keep putting religious nutjobs in power.
From a European perspective, the US is in part still in the 19th century regarding society. Despite having Iphones. And that shows.
I agree w/ you in certain aspects, altho I didn't live in Germany like you! After living in Europe for 7 years + ret. to USA as a college sophomore, it was unanticipated huge culture shock in CA. Many Europeans are more progressive in their mindset/ lifestyle, + are more protective of the environment. Employment laws protecting employees/families + giving more vacation/maternity leave, etc., shows that family is valued more by employers. It's a different lifestyle + mindset in Scandanavia, + in other European countries. The LGBTQ seems to be less of an issue there. However, EYW: Key West, + SFO communities + Provincetown, etc. are more open minded in that regard. You have an astute point!

Not saying it’s a conscious effort. It’s just so happens that a lot of these workers are moving with their employers and it’s bound to affect the local political and social ecosystems.
You're right, change there is imminent, + your point is interesting! A lot of these high tech workers are the creme of the crop. You realize they're moving there partly because some politicians have overstepped boundaries, + have restricted businesses too much since coronavirus?! People need to earn a living, + CA is expensive; esp. that area. Several college friends from U.C. Davis work for those companies. The taxes in CA are also high + housing is expensive in many areas. I don't blame Elan Musk for moving his co. from CA to TX,, last year, rather than waiting for the politicians to decide when certain businesses could reopen. They went overboard + got too controlling. At some point they need to accept Darwinians Law of the Fittest, + allow life to continue without as many restrictions. Masks are ok, but business restrictions have messed up the supply + distribution chain for a long time. It's getting old.

Last edited: