What's new

Funding

Mo13

I
Rich parents or winning the lottery!!!

I mean, how did you plan to fund flight training before asking this question?
was thinking a pilot training loan but I heard the interest was high so I just came here to know of any better options

MsHighAltitude

was thinking a pilot training loan but I heard the interest was high so I just came here to know of any better options
Yeah definitely avoid those loans, and avoid borrowing money for flight training if you can.

If you are still in school, go to college first. Regardless of whether you take the civilian or military training route, I consider having a college degree a must these days. If you can get into the Navy or AF academy, congrats. You'll get a great college education for free, plus your chance of being selected as a navy/AF pilot is a lot higher as I heard they reserve a lot of the spots for academy cadets. Otherwise you'll probably have a better chance of getting into a pilot spot with the Army. That being said, you'll have to consider the required length of service and your own physical aptitude, among other things. I personally don't think I could even move with 70 lbs of gear but that's just me. 😂

If you decide to go the civilian route, work and save up like Sonerai said. You can do it like Kelsey suggested, i.e. save up enough for each license/rating and then do the training full-time, or like some of us are doing, i.e. work full-time and take lessons on the side. This is also where having a college degree will help you in terms of employment.