What's new

Embraer 170/175/190

TocyBlox

Hello!
Does EMB 170/175/190 have the same type rating??? Like for Boeing, the NG generation of 737 is under one type rating.
Thank You

Dave

Hello!
Does EMB 170/175/190 have the same type rating??? Like for Boeing, the NG generation of 737 is under one type rating.
Thank You
Hello!

The type rating you are talking about is classified as EMB 170/190 type rating. So it’s a common type which qualifies you to fly the E170/175/190. All of these flight decks are the same. Let me know if you have any additional question about this aircraft. I currently fly the E170 and E175 for a regional airline in the United States.

jgillmanjr

I've always wondered how it feels going from a "traditional" yoke to the style the jungle jets have.

Also, nice to see someone else from Michigan on here.

Dave

I've always wondered how it feels going from a "traditional" yoke to the style the jungle jets have.

Haha it’s really not hard to transition at all. I know people always say it looks weird and seems hard but it’s really not. Embraer did a great job with there jets.

Agreed! we got to create a threat with us Michigan guys lol

jgillmanjr

It really is! What is your experience so far ? Are you on the west side of the state ?
I'm actually living south of LAN under the outer shelf, but I fly out of OZW (Crosswinds Aviation).

But yeah, was doing some side IT work for the flight school yesterday when I met one of the new instructors (who's also driving 76s for UA - got a WARN notice, though). Turns out he flew some trips as a CA with my buddy from high school (who was also my CFI up at NMC - I'm from TVC originally) on the Saab when XJ was still a thing. Then I found out he flew a couple trips with another buddy of mine at 9E in the 900.

That's just one example though. Probably best to take this offline so we're not spamming up the thread lol.

Dave

I'm actually living south of LAN under the outer shelf, but I fly out of OZW (Crosswinds Aviation).

But yeah, was doing some side IT work for the flight school yesterday when I met one of the new instructors (who's also driving 76s for UA - got a WARN notice, though). Turns out he flew some trips as a CA with my buddy from high school (who was also my CFI up at NMC - I'm from TVC originally) on the Saab when XJ was still a thing. Then I found out he flew a couple trips with another buddy of mine at 9E in the 900.

That's just one example though. Probably best to take this offline so we're not spamming up the thread lol.
Oh very nice ! Haha yeah I get what you mean ! That’s crazy!

While I can't comment on it as a pilot I can say at least what I've been told as a mechanic that it's supposed to be more natural and comfortable. The idea is it's supposed to mimic a bike but being used to Boeing's I found it odd to say the least whenever I was up in the cockpit living out my childhood dream that didn't happen. That all being said that may have also just been some marketing wank to act as a selling point for airlines. I'm also working up in MI right now.

Dave

Yeah it’s does the job just fine. It’s not a marketing tick the yoke feels very comfortable in your hands and does the job well. keep the dream alive man it took a lot of hard work to get here but if it’s your dream don’t give up on it. It’s a doable dream it really is.

Yeah it’s does the job just fine. It’s not a marketing tick the yoke feels very comfortable in your hands and does the job well. keep the dream alive man it took a lot of hard work to get here but if it’s your dream don’t give up on it. It’s a doable dream it really is.
Unfortunately at this stage in life it is not. Doesn't bother me like it used to and I actually enjoy being a mechanic most days but who knows, maybe one day I'll get back into it.

Hello!
Thank You
Yes. I have them all, except the E-195 which is not in my airline.

All we had was a differences course and some different limitations like landing gear extension and retraction speeds, engine temperatures (and other limitations), fuel tank capacity, and some performance differences too that were not from memory but we had to be aware for calculations (like alternate CGs for E-170/75).
However, the one I remember the most is the flare.i sometimes changed from an E190 to a 170 in a day and I would flare early. It was not until I had built enough muscular/spatial memory that I remembered (mostly....) to flare exactly at 10ft in the E170 ...or I would float over and land a little bit hard.