What's new

Boeing 707. Has anyone flown on one recently?

iLikeThe707

If you read my username, you might gather that i like the 707 despite never have flown aboard one (yet. Im still optimistic!). what are they like and who did you fly with?

RobertGary1

Maybe some national airline in South America or Africa? They've long since been retired from passenger service in western countries.

-Robert

iLikeThe707

Maybe some national airline in South America or Africa? They've long since been retired from passenger service in western countries.

-Robert
Unfortunately, the only ones in service are with Omega Air Refueling (who have denied my request for a flight), John Travolta who donated it to a museaum in australia (who havent emailed me back for a request), and the air forces of Iran, USA, Israel, Nato, and India. Im trying to contact the US air force operators and if that does not work, then ill have to consider buying one :0.

Thanks for the help!

AVC

If you really, really, really want to fly on one. Head on down to HARS and volunteer for a few years. One day VH-EBM (it's original tail number) should go up in one of the flying days, and you might get a seat on board.

iLikeThe707

If you really, really, really want to fly on one. Head on down to HARS and volunteer for a few years. One day VH-EBM (it's original tail number) should go up in one of the flying days, and you might get a seat on board.
unfortunately, thats probably not possible. I do have a connection to Bob DeLaHunty and ive emailed him sadly with no response. i might consider that if i got the chance though.

-Robert
Long gone even there. Last ones were used by Saha Air in Iran until 2016. In Africa they were mostly took out from passenger service around the late 90s, and in South America some years before.

Argentinian Air Force (Fuerza Aérea Argentina) kept one for passenger service until the late 90s but it was the last one in Latin America.