What's new

Anyone into pilot's watches?

MsHighAltitude

Not strictly pilot's watches but I like the look of the Breitling Superocean Heritage B01 Chrono (only in black & white) and the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean (don't mind a little orange accent). On the ladies side I'd say the Omega Ladymatic (especially the de villes) and the Longines La Grande Classique.

Also, for the life of me, still trying to figure out what watch @74Gear is wearing. So far I can only tell it's a reverse panda chrono with a diving bezel, oyster bracelet with polished side links and mesh-style center links (which is a pretty neat combo).

Zeede

Not strictly pilot's watches but I like the look of the Breitling Superocean Heritage B01 Chrono (only in black & white) and the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean (don't mind a little orange accent). On the ladies side I'd say the Omega Ladymatic (especially the de villes) and the Longines La Grande Classique.

Also, for the life of me, still trying to figure out what watch @74Gear is wearing. So far I can only tell it's a reverse panda chrono with a diving bezel, oyster bracelet with polished side links and mesh-style center links (which is a pretty neat combo).
You certainly know your watches :)

Plague

Bb
So far I can only tell ...
Only?!?

You certainly know your watches :)
+1 :)

I quite like timepieces, but purely from aesthetic and mechanical POVs. I couldn't tell a Breitling from a Rolex (or possibly a posh Timex) if the name wasn't visible. I've often looked at online catalogues - usually links from adverts - but I couldn't justify buying any. I have a couple of generic watches but don't even wear those nowadays. (Retired, so time isn't a big thing and I usually have my phone if I need to get a ballpark number or set an alarm.)

Sonerai

Hey, nothing beats a sun dial. No battery to change or stem to wind. You sleep when the sun goes down anyway

Zeede

Self-winding (aka 'automatic') watches were popular before quartz steam-rollered the market.
I think they are still available in the sort of high-end stuff this thread is about.
I've seen Swiss Ronda automatics or some of the Japanese ones in watches as cheap as $300-500.

What is really rare these days is a manually wound watch. They're all quartz or automatic.