What's new

2021 Airshows

RAF805

2020 was probably the worst airshow season in the history of aviation. Hopefully, 2021 will be better! Even so it seems like the shows for the first half of 2021 are either being cancelled or pushed into the second half of the year. Two big shows that are still on track are AirVenture (KOSH) at the end of July and Thunder Over Michigan (KYIP) in the first week of August. AirVenture is always amazing and I'm looking forward to my first trip to Thunder Over Michigan.

What good airshows do you know of in your area?

Siris

Looks like the only "big" one in NC this year will be Wings of Monroe. Good one for warbirds and they give rides too. The other one that would be up at Seymour Johnson AFB pushed back to next year which may be odd because usually they and Cherry Point alternate years.

Zeede

There's a decent one here at Apple Valley, but I think it's usually in October, so I imagine at this point they're planning on having it.

MsHighAltitude

Waiting for news on the one at March AFB and one out of Chino. But have seen a few Vans and Stearman formation flights at Corona so can't complain.

Definitely get a bit spoiled by the SoCal GA scene. I feel in other parts of the country it's like, "oh look a Stearman" whereas here it's like, "oh yeah those four do free airshows like every Saturday." ^_^

RAF805

Waiting for news on the one at March AFB and one out of Chino. But have seen a few Vans and Stearman formation flights at Corona so can't complain.

Definitely get a bit spoiled by the SoCal GA scene. I feel in other parts of the country it's like, "oh look a Stearman" whereas here it's like, "oh yeah those four do free airshows like every Saturday." ^_^
I think that Planes of Fame is moving ahead with their 2021 show but are planning it for October. They always manage to put on a great show!