What's new

is being a 28yo Male too old to try and be a flight attendant

pokeroots

I'm coming up on turning 28 with 2 years of unemployment following my military career. are my age and gender detrimental to getting a job as a flight attendant?

RAF805

I don't know what country you are in but that can be a factor. In the United States, being 28 is not an issue. I also don't think that gender is an issue for any US airline.

No, I don't think so someone I know is older than that and Is a pilot, and i even looked it up it said this "The job of flight attendant (FA) or flight steward isn't exclusive to women–men can be great at it too! The most obvious reason, being a flight attendant means you'll travel around the world for free, as a part of your work description. Plus, you also get paid while doing so, making it more awesome."

RAF805

No, I don't think so someone I know is older than that and Is a pilot, and i even looked it up it said this "The job of flight attendant (FA) or flight steward isn't exclusive to women–men can be great at it too! The most obvious reason, being a flight attendant means you'll travel around the world for free, as a part of your work description. Plus, you also get paid while doing so, making it more awesome."
While travel is one of the perks of being a flight attendant, it's important to keep in mind that it can be a very challenging job as well. As a pilot, I generally don't have to deal with unruly or challenging passengers, flight attendants face those challenges every day. I have had the privilege to work with many phenomenal, hard-working, professional flight attendants and am always impressed by them.

While travel is one of the perks of being a flight attendant, it's important to keep in mind that it can be a very challenging job as well. As a pilot, I generally don't have to deal with unruly or challenging passengers, flight attendants face those challenges every day. I have had the privilege to work with many phenomenal, hard-working, professional flight attendants and am always impressed by them.
very true very true. But you will have to deal with annoying people every once and awhile and Karens (and kevens) (boy karens for me at least) but it seems like a good job. On salery.com flight attendants average salery is about 51K-120K per year, so its a pretty good paying job. So you go do what ever you want we wont judge you (or at least me)

Last edited: